Monday, November 03, 2008

Best Weekend

Almost all my weekends are fully utilized, the last weekend turned to be a best weekend ever. First thing is about my farm activities.Entering into wholly new industry really thrilling and exciting exercise. My recent possession of the farmland made me to enter into the agriculture activities.

After the Sugarcane, Mango, Coconut now I’m experimenting with Rice and Chilly.

The entire free lands have been made ready for the cultivation.
Last weekend was a good day for the chilly plantation, after preparing the land with plough; the villagers extended their help in planting the chilly saplings.Since the monsoon is started, the well in the farm is filled with water I’m hoping to see overflow of water in couple of weeks.

Hmmm my JEEP also had enough offroad opportunities in the farm
The paddy bed in the farm looked like a green carpet.

Now I'm only acting supervisor of the activities and learning the agriculture work. I hope one day I will have skills to do hands on cultivation.

Last weekend also turned out to be a good weekend as I have visited one of the school and shelter of HIV infected children, orphans and poor kids. they got some hundred and fifty kids staying at the school.

My team in my office contributed some amount for doing some charity work, hence my visit to the school.

We could manage to provide 2 meal sessions to the children at the school, My sincere thanks to the contributors of my team for the great cause. A part of the amount has also been given as donation to another charity that runs a home for Phycically and Mentally disabled children.

No comments: