Sunday, February 15, 2009

Bangalore - A short trip

Though I had a good experience in Bangalore the IT capital of India, where I used to stay few years back. Infact my first son Aditya was born in Bangalore.

I used to travel a lot from and to Bangalore, most of my visits to Bangalore was in Train or in personal transport either by car or bike or jeep. Very rarely I travel by the bus service hence it was rarest incident to see myself in the bus terminus. My last visit to bangalore was to meet few of my friends and I missed my train while returning back to chennai. So I rushed to the bus terminus and got a bus back to Chennai.

Though Bangalore bus terminus is very famous as some one saying it was a lake converted into bus terminus and the place is called Majestic. I never expected a surprise in the terminus but last time it happened.

There was a beautiful old age bus parked in the terminus, it was half lorry (truck) and half bus. I did go close by and clicked few pics of it.
The vintage show piece reminded me of Singapore travel, as I spotted very similar colored old Singapore bust parked near Indian Embassy in Singapore. I think it was a place which head quartered for the Singapore bus service.

3 comments:

Shrinidhi Hande said...

The majestic area was a lake earlier....

Martin said...

For many years now India has been a very popular tourist destination, owing to the gamut of exhilarating variety and uniqueness that it offers in its expanse. In order to reap the benefits of this interest and willingness of people to tour India, it is of utmost interest that the travel and tourism industry is strengthened and accurately incised. Especially, in the cities of the developing countries like India, the revenue coming in from the travel and tourism sector that be properly tapped and appropriately utilized by grooming and employing skilled and experienced professionals in the travel and tourism industry. In the Indian cities like Bangalore the big names from the hospitality circuit have properties and are keen on opening more properties. Most of the major players of the hospitality industry have hotels in Bangalore. The rise in the number of the Bangalore hotels requires more and more trained and able professionals from the hospitality sector. As Bangalore is booming as a promising financial hub, the number of foreign business travelers and business delegates has also increased. Under such conditions it is not just enough to open world class budget hotels in Bangalore but also to have a staff that matches the international standards of hospitality. To achieve this goal it is of utmost importance that India fuels up the momentum in setting up of travel and tourism institutions that are at par with the international standards.

Ranga said...

the bus was in operation till around 98 in gulbarga/bijapur if i remember correctly...

its still in running condition i guess as they drove it from there to bangalore back then!!! :D