Sunday, February 15, 2009

Bangalore - A short trip

Though I had a good experience in Bangalore the IT capital of India, where I used to stay few years back. Infact my first son Aditya was born in Bangalore.

I used to travel a lot from and to Bangalore, most of my visits to Bangalore was in Train or in personal transport either by car or bike or jeep. Very rarely I travel by the bus service hence it was rarest incident to see myself in the bus terminus. My last visit to bangalore was to meet few of my friends and I missed my train while returning back to chennai. So I rushed to the bus terminus and got a bus back to Chennai.

Though Bangalore bus terminus is very famous as some one saying it was a lake converted into bus terminus and the place is called Majestic. I never expected a surprise in the terminus but last time it happened.

There was a beautiful old age bus parked in the terminus, it was half lorry (truck) and half bus. I did go close by and clicked few pics of it.
The vintage show piece reminded me of Singapore travel, as I spotted very similar colored old Singapore bust parked near Indian Embassy in Singapore. I think it was a place which head quartered for the Singapore bus service.

2 comments:

Shrinidhi Hande said...

The majestic area was a lake earlier....

Ranga said...

the bus was in operation till around 98 in gulbarga/bijapur if i remember correctly...

its still in running condition i guess as they drove it from there to bangalore back then!!! :D